Monday, September 22, 2008

Initial Game Thoughts

And just like that, the season is back on track.

There were a lot of good things to take away from this game, but I'll highlight two:
  1. The Seahawks won.
  2. The Seahawks won big.
I know it was against the Rams.  I know that.  Let me refresh your memory from last year:
  • Saints 28, Seahawks 17
  • Panthers 13, Seahawks 10
  • Falcons 44, Seahawks 41
Yes, there are extenuating circumstances for each of those games.  So what?  Good teams don't squeak by (or lose to) bad teams.  Good teams pummel bad teams.

In the NFL, a win is a win is a win.  But when you're trying to project how your team will do in the upcoming weeks, a 24-point blowout is a hell of a lot more encouraging than a 6-point nail-biter.

I've got a bunch of specifics I'll get into over the next two weeks, but for now I'll simply say I feel pretty good about this team's chances.

No comments: