Sunday, October 19, 2008

That Sucked

All last week I was going back and forth about when I should start talking about the draft and prepping for the 2009 season. Tonight's game against the Buccs produced an overwhelming 'now'. This season is done. Really, the season was done last week, but any hope vanished tonight, both with the loss and, more importantly, the ridiculously poor performance. This team can't do anything. Will they win even four games this season? I'm not even sure they'll beat the Rams when the go to St. Louis.

I have to say I'm especially disappointed with Seneca Wallace's performance. Maybe I think too highly of him. Maybe Deion Branch and Nate Burleson are much better than we (I) gave them credit for. I guess it could be that these receivers are awful (and if that's the case, why not play Jordan Kent? And why did we give up a fifth-round pick if Colbert isn't going to do anything?). I've loved Wallace as a backup since his 2006 performance and his projected growth since then. There's a great chance he'll start a couple more games, and I really wanted to see him come up big. But it looks like he's become infected with whatever has got into every other Seahawk player.

I guess it's time to start projecting the Mora era.

No comments: